Players: 10 or more
Equipment: A long table (or tables put together), Chairs and a Coin
As many players can take part in this game as there are places at
1. Form two teams with an equal number of players and choose a
captain for each team
2. The teams sit along each side of the table, facing each other
3. The captains sit at the ends of the table
4. The captain of one team gets the coin and passes it under the
table to the second person of their team
5. The players on that team pass the coin under the table back and
forth from one player to another
6. The object of the game is to do it so carefully that the opposing
team cannot guess which player has the coin
7. At any time, the captain of the opposing team may call out, "Up
Jenkins!" At this signal, the players on the team with the coin
hold their hands over their heads with their fists clenched.
8. The captain then calls out, "Down Jenkins!" and the players slap
their hands with palms on the table, keeping the coin hidden under
one of the palms. Be careful that there is no clinking sound of the
coin when hands are slammed down on the table.
9. Then the first two players on the opposing team guess which
player has the coin. One of them says "Show Up," to the player he
or she thinks has the coin. This player must lift up both hands to show if
the coin is on the table. If it isn't, the second player gets to
10. If one of the guesses is right, the opposing team gets a point,
and wins a chance to hide the coin
11. If the guesses are both wrong, the coin stays with the first
team,who gets a point. Next time around the third and fourth
players on the opposing team get to guess.
12. Set a time limit for play. At that point the team with the most points wins.